As an experienced IT Project Engineer, you would be accountable for the design, configuration, deployment and in-life management of the enterprise services provided to our internal users and external clients.
Our core enterprise application stack includes Microsoft Office 365; Exchange 2016; Citrix VDI (XenDesktop/App) and Remote Desktop Services; Domain Controllers and Active Directory; a large VMware virtual environment and supporting tools. While these applications/services dominate the current prioritises, the role holder will additionally be expected to draw on their direct experience and general IT skills to support the broader range of applications and future projects on the horizon.
- Investigate and progress IT solutions and infrastructure to improve IT service capability and capacity
- Implementation of key project deliverables that align within the department’s strategy and roadmap
- Analysing and defining technical requirements for projects and system upgrades
- Contribute to the maintenance, support, and optimisation of systems
- Solve complex IT problems to ensure systems continue to operate to the agreed levels
- Provide peer support and knowledge transfer to colleagues and produce supporting documentation
- Provide technical/functional assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost-effective and meet user requirements
- Plan and manage work in a structured and organised fashion
- Contribute towards any discussion to develop technical solutions
- IT solution implementation and conduct periodic implementation reviews
- Show an understanding and appreciation of risk and quality, developing and ensuring adequate testing of all aspects including, but not limited to, acceptance, security, performance and integration
- Work closely with the Security team ensuring policy adherence and pre-live acceptance testing is successfully designed and completed
- Ownership of project-related incidents during warranty periods, ensuring knowledge gaps are identified and addressed through training and documentation
- Work closely with external third parties ensuring they follow Admiral’s processes and procedures
- Promote Continuous Service Improvement
Prior Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Highly technical with hands-on experience in VMware and Microsoft Technologies
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an IT Delivery or 3rd Line role
- Experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Roaming Profiles, File Shares, DFS, AppLocker
- Office 365 and Exchange 2016 – administration, troubleshooting and migrations
- Experience with VDI and RDS: Citrix or Horizon, RDS, Profile Management, App Delivery, SSO
- Operating systems: Windows Server up to 2016, Windows 10, Linux Appliances
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills of complex issues
- Windows rollouts and group policy configuration for user experience, security, and user profiles
- Application packaging, deployment, and patching – SCCM,iVanti(LANDesk), Endpoint Management
- O365/M365 and all associated components (Enterprise Voice, Teams, SharePoint, Azure AD, Autopilot)
- Exposure to monitoring and alerting systems and creating custom alerts for new solutions
- Experience with ITSM systems like Ivanti, ServiceNow and BMC Remedy
- Exposure to Palo Alto Firewalls, Global Protect VPN, Load Balancers: F5, Citrix NetScaler, AVI.
- A good understanding of complex networking technologies and security services
- Security experience with Intune, AIP, ATP, DLP, MFA, and CA
- Experience of working with a third party IaaS/private cloud providers like Azure, AWS, GCP
- IT certifications are highly desirable, such as VCP7-DTM, VCP-DCV 2019, CCA-V, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kate Williams. If you have any queries about this position, please feel free to drop her an e-mail Kate.email@example.com or give her a call on the recruitment line – 0800 118 1619.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working.
Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kate Williams, for more information.