International Data Science Intern
The Admiral Group is a multinational financial services provider and the largest motor insurer in the UK. We have a large data science function that builds and deploys machine learning models for all business areas. We have opened a new Business Analyst / Data Scientist position in International Analytics, the internal consulting and oversight division for all non-UK data science departments.
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals currently enrolled in the Polytechnique – HEC dual degree program who are seeking an internship or at stage de césure. You should have strong business acumen as well as a deep understanding of common machine learning techniques.
You will be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 15 professionals from ten different nationalities. You will train under experienced data scientists and eventually lead high value projects throughout the UK and satellite offices.
· Solve important business problems using cutting edge machine learning techniques such as gradient boosted machines and neural networks.
· Spend significant time in offices in Rome, Paris, and Seville to scope project opportunities and work directly with local professionals and management.
· Present your results to directors and regional CEOs.
· Mentor new data scientists across all offices.
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Experience in building advanced predictive models (tree ensembles, neural networks, or generalized linear models) in an academic/professional setting.
· Strong understanding of core business concepts, especially in the fields of risk, finance, and customer segmentation.
· The ability to communicate clearly in English with colleagues at different levels and with very different backgrounds.
· Knowledge of R and SAS/SQL programming strongly preferred.
· Fluency in Spanish or Italian valued.
· Admiral is Wales’ only FTSE 100 company. Over the past twenty-five years, we have expanded from a tiny startup into a multinational with a diverse product portfolio and a presence in eight countries.
· Admiral has been named on the Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 19 years in a row, taking first place in 2019. We have also been named as a Best Workplace every year in the Great Place to Work survey since 2003.
· Admiral rewards people for their hard work in a variety of ways – with competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work schedule, nearby fitness and health centers, and many other perks (read about our benefits).
· Find out more here.