This is a unique opportunity to join the management team of Veygo, a new and ambitious InsurTech venture, backed by the Admiral Group (UK no.1 car insurance company).
Veygo has been created in order to provide great insurance and mobility products in a world where people don’t own cars anymore. Our three products - Car Sharing Insurance, Learner Driver Insurance and Veygo Rentals - allow drivers to borrow and rent cars for any duration between 1 hour and 90 days, whilst being insured through our market-leading, on-demand motor insurance.
As a start-up owned by a FTSE 100 Company, our goal is to get the best of both worlds:
- We are set up as a separate business with our own P&L, independent IT systems built and owned by Veygo, and teams that are able to cover all key missions (marketing, IT development, customer service, claims handling)
- We have all the financial backing of Admiral and access to all their great pricing, claims, and data experience
A key part of our team is our lean culture: it frames how we approach technology and product development (with weekly sprints, small scrum teams, and continuous deployment); it helps us keep our customers at the heart of what we do; it gives everyone confidence that they can make a difference, and help us get a bit better every day.
Veygo is growing fast and we are looking for a highly talented individual to reinforce our management team, reporting directly to the Head of Veygo. We are based in Cardiff, Wales.
Design a ground-breaking marketing strategy for Veygo that enables an explosive growth of our products.
- An ambitious definition of our branding strategy to maximises brand awareness
- An agile and efficient exploration of available acquisition channels to define the most efficient route to growth
- An ability to find and tell a story that will make our customer buy our products
It also involves high quality cooperation within the marketing team as well as with other departments of Veygo.
- Design, plan, and deliver the marketing strategy to support the growth of Veygo
- Plan spend of annual marketing budget, based on monthly splits identified by the Head of Veygo
- Brand development and equity maximisation
- Lead the marketing team to drive performance, in order to:
- Support customer acquisition targets through driving quality traffic to the website
- Support retention and cross-sell targets through development of new product/communication features with support from product/UX/engineering teams
- Develop a test and learn approach for each marketing activities. Reflect and build on these learnings to continuously improve results
- Support the marketing team to test new acquisition channels and develop where appropriate
- Build accurate and appropriate MI that can drive insight into strategic decisions and allows the Head of Veygo, and other senior managers, to have complete trust in the team’s results and visibility on successes and challenges
- Steer and adapt the level of marketing expenses to maximise acquisition efficiency
- Support timely month-end reporting, through accurate accrual of spend and invoicing
- Create an open and transparent culture for the marketing that fosters:
- Continuous improvement
- Honest discussion of problems
- Cooperation with other departments within Veygo
- Ensure that the day to day work of the marketing team is aligned with the strategic goal of Veygo and helps us all get closer to success
- Create a strong and trusting relationship with the rest of the Veygo senior management
- Organise training for the Marketing team to develop a culture of audit, quality control and compliance
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Results driven and a desire to succeed
- Ability to always focus on the most important topics
- Analytical nature
- Positive communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills in order to meet regular tight deadlines
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Be receptive and able to respond to feedback
- Product and market awareness
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Valvanuz Guerrero. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Valvanuz.GUERRERO-PEREZ3@admiralgroup.co.uk or give them a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer for more information.