An exciting opportunity has arisen in the marketing team at Confused.com! We’re looking for an executive to support us in our SEO team. We want you to help us drive more organic traffic from search engines (Google/Yahoo/Bing) to Confused.com.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the SEO manager, the role involves a range of responsibilities including:
- Day-to-day monitoring and reporting of volumes, progress against targets, search engine rankings, team KPI’s and ongoing optimisation of campaigns
- Help to maximise SEO benefit from products, above the line campaigns and any other company initiatives
- Making changes and writing new copy for landing pages based on keyword research as required by marketing, product and compliance teams while keeping in line with Google quality guidelines
- Supporting the SEO campaign manager and content/PR teams in the production and outreach of high quality content to authoritative sites
- Working with IT and compliance to ensure that on-site changes required for SEO campaigns are implemented correctly
- Developing and maintaining existing reporting to aid day-to-day optimisation, and reporting results to stakeholders as required
- Working with external suppliers (e.g. SEO agencies, content producers) to ensure that external tasks and projects are delivered on time, and provide data and support to them as required
- Support and run digital landing page optimisation test plans; including building and testing new landing pages, and analyse the effectiveness and performance of landing pages using a range of sources
- Keeping up to speed with changes within the SEO industry and changes to Google’s algorithm
- Working on backlink analysis
- Supporting the Marketing team on other campaigns and projects as required
It’s a great position for someone with the right talent and enthusiasm. We’re looking for someone who’s highly motivated and ideally has experience of digital marketing for a large brand.
Knowledge of all aspects of search engine optimisation is a must, and ideally, experience of working on specific SEO campaigns, as well as:
- A proactive approach to improving organic performance
- Intermediate experience of using Excel, experience in creating reports
- Experience in using web analytic tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience of using Google Search Console & Bing Web Master Tools
- Experience of a suite of SEO tools e.g. Majestic, SEMrush and Searchmetrics
- Experience in link acquisition and integrating your tactics with PR
- A strong understanding of the technical side of SEO such as html, CSS, log analysis and xml sitemaps
- A strong understanding of the Google algorithm, including the separate parts i.e. Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird & the knowledge graph
- Experience of editing and creating expert informative content for search
- An understanding of search intent
- A good communicator able to analyse and present results
- Experience of conversion optimisation via A/B and multivariate testing
- Experience of using a CMS
What we offer you
We care about our employees, which is why we offer them a whole host of great benefits.
Fancy a free corporate gym membership? Or how about trying our buy-a-bike scheme? Or even a pension scheme where we match your contributions?
Here’s more of the things you can enjoy when working with us:
- Flexible working
- Staff discounts on insurance
- Staff share scheme
- Plenty of work social events
- Free gym membership
- Dental care
- Free legal, mortgage and pension planning advice
- Wellbeing programme, including mindfulness sessions, yoga and in-house counselling
- Free buy-a-book scheme
- Discounted evening and weekend parking
- Health support from a qualified occupational therapist
- Free fruit every day
We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
If you would like to apply please complete the application form and attach your CV.