We are looking for someone to join our IT Service Desk Escalation team. This is a newly formed team and you will be working with escalation engineers to troubleshoot and resolve complex internal customer problems. Previous experience working within an IT Support environment providing end-user support is essential.
This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. The qualified candidate should possess broad experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations in a professional, timely, and thorough manner. Qualified candidates are self-starters and highly motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Provide the highest level of technical support to internal customers
- Identify frequently occurring issues and coordinate with respective teams as needed
- Work with all IT departments to facilitate issue resolution of problems elevated by our service desk team
- Monitor ageing escalations
- Trending of incidents to identify problems
- Manage and update the Service Desk knowledgebase
- Manage multiple high-priority issues simultaneously
- Identify, propose, and enforce escalation process improvements
- Actively and willingly share expertise and coach others
- Make clear recommendations for action rather than presenting options
- Organise consistent lines of communication to ensure issues are correctly identified
- Pursue regular updates from problem owners and cascade information back to Service Desk staff, maintain KEDB
- Attend CAB meetings, assess change risk and ensure the Service Desk can continue to deliver consistent quality standards to customers
- Attend Service Introduction meetings; communicate and help to manage actions needed to ensure the Service Desk can continue to deliver consistent quality standards to customers
- Check to ensure corrective actions have taken place to avoid customer detriment
- Analyse incident and request data to proactively identify any customer affecting issues or concerns.
- Proactively report on KPI’s and individual performance metrics across the Service Desk, identifying areas of improvement including training needs
- Complete weekly and monthly updates on Service Desk performance as a whole
Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Good understanding of PC and server hardware architecture, building, configuring and installation
- Good understanding and ability to troubleshoot TCP / IP Networking
- Previous experience of VOIP/telephony
- Working knowledge of network technologies
- Listen to and observe customers to understand their needs and views in order to deal effectively with their concerns
- Take the heat out of situations effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate with employees of all levels, including senior management
- Able to set and manage expectations
- Act as a role model to others
- Help with developing a highly effective and motivated service desk team
- Focus on the requirements of the customer
- Deals with customer concerns in a way which turns a dissatisfied customer into a satisfied customer
- Offer support and challenge to the proposals of others
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated at achieving results
- Take initiative to learn and develop
- Instinctively finds practical and technical solutions to complex problems
- Always keep a can-do attitude and willingness to help others
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and make suggestions for improvement
- Be willing to voice an opinion on all matters, whilst being receptive to feedback
- Aid in knowledge transfer to Level 1 and 2
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Take a proactive lead in creating a supportive team environment
- Readily be available to help support the team
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed
- Consistently model the highest levels of teamwork and professionalism
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to manage workload correctly with little supervision
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kate Williams. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Kate.WILLIAMS@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kate Williams, for more information.