As a Systems Support Engineer, you'll combine systems administration expertise with an aptitude for service improvement, troubleshooting, and analysis. You'll work across the latest technologies to ensure our systems remain available, functional and current in an evolving landscape. With many exciting projects on the horizon, this is a great time to join us.
You will work within the Manage & Support team which forms part of the Workplace Services function. This team manages all the applications, SaaS platforms and core IT services that our workforce rely on and ensures they remain available, fully functional and current in an evolving landscape.
Our core technology stack includes O365, Exchange, Enterprise Vault, Citrix VDI (XenDesktop), VMware vSphere, Ivanti ITSM and Windows Server for a multitude of roles (AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS, File Shares, Print Servers, Group Policy, MBAM etc).
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Managing and administering core systems and services in collaboration with supporting teams.
- Proactive maintenance of IT systems and servers through monitoring, alerting and housekeeping.
- Incident response to ensure availability of operational services and backend systems.
- Work closely with third-party vendors during support escalations and other technical activities.
- Identification and resolution of performance anomalies, system defects, and stability issues.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and KB articles for systems managed by the team.
- Provide peer support and knowledge transfer to colleagues within other teams and functions in IT.
- Work with our InfoSec teams to ensure systems remain safe and secure from emerging threats.
- Validate projects during transition to BAU, ensuring appropriate management and support is in place.
- Work with the change management team on proposed changes, assessing risk and impact to services.
- Liaising with other departments within the business to ensure IT needs are met to their expectations.
- Work with our service desk and service availability teams across escalations and improvements.
Prior Experience and Personal Attributes:
You should be able to demonstrate experience and expertise across as many of the following areas as possible
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within an IT support or managed services function.
- Highly technical with hands-on experience with troubleshooting issues and resolving problems.
- Experience with AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Roaming Profiles, File Shares, DFS, AppLocker etc.
- Office 365 and Exchange On-premise – Administration and troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with VDI or RDS: Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp or Horizon, RDS, Profile Management etc.
- Operating systems: Windows Server 2008 R2 - 2016, Windows 10, Linux Servers and appliances.
- VMware vSphere environments to manage VMs (expand capacity, monitor alerts, check performance)
Exposure to any of these technologies/activities is advantageous for the role.
- M365 - Teams, SharePoint, Azure AD, Autopilot, Dynamics, PowerBI, OneDrive, Azure File Sync etc.
- Exposure to monitoring and alerting systems like What’s Up? Gold, PagerDuty, PRTG, Manage Engine.
- Experience with ITSM systems like Ivanti, ServiceNow or BMC Remedy
- Exposure to Palo Alto Firewalls, Global Protect VPN, Load Balancers: F5, Citrix NetScaler, AVI.
- A good understanding of complex networking technologies and security services.
- Security experience with Intune, AIP, ATP, DLP, MFA, EMS and/or CIS Benchmarking requirements.
- Experience of working with a cloud provides like Azure, AWS, GCP and private cloud technologies.
- An understanding of compute and storage infrastructure: Dell, IBM, Pure Storage etc.
- Experience with backup solutions like Veeam, TSM, AppAssure, StorageCraft or Datto.
- IT certifications are highly desirable, examples: VCP-DCV, ITIL CCA-V, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kate Williams. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Kate.WILLIAMS@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kate Williams, for more information.