We’re looking for an experienced Technical Analyst to join our Second Line team in our ever-growing IT department. The main aim of the role is to effectively increase stakeholder value, through commitment to driving efficiency and improving our customers’ experience.
- Technical delivery – to prioritise, schedule and deliver a quality Service Desk service for the various supported functions and systems following the submission (by our business users) of incidents
- Quality of service – achieving outstanding levels of customer satisfaction through the delivery of value-based services and the prompt and effective handling of any service requests
- User relationship management – achieving customer satisfaction by identifying potential service issues before they occur, and promptly engaging with customers to keep them informed of their request progress
- Service improvement – to ensure that continual service improvement is always at the forefront of all elements of service support and the processes that surround them
- Ownership/responsibility – to be personally responsible for pre-defined services provided through and supported by IT. e.g. housekeeping tasks, stock auditing, disposal and asset tracking
- Production process management – ensuring that all processes are carried out effectively - paying attention to those that directly impact the service to the customer, such as Service Desk requests.
- Production transition/transformation management – ensuring that we meet customer defined delivery timescales
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Relationship building skills and client facing experience
- Proven experience of working to SLA’s and OLA’s
- Strong organisational skills
- Keen focus on service and the continuous improvement of service
- Confident and capable in both a team environment and working on own initiative
- Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues
- Confident and successful when planning and setting priorities for workload
- Experience in the configuration and management of:
- Desktop & laptop computer systems - Group policy, OS build and deployment
- Active Directory
- SAM Services
- LanDesk Management
- Application packaging, deployment and patching
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft products including: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Active Directory and Exchange
- Avaya Red Telephony, creation and configuration
- VoIP technologies
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- A sound understanding of the legislation that surrounds the retirement and disposal of IT equipment, as well as:
- Technical and project management experience
- Knowledge of business processes, including audit from a technical perspective
- A proven ability to evaluate and prioritise work schedules according to business risk and priorities
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kate Williams. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Kate.WILLIAMS@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work-life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kate Williams, for more information.