The System Access Control team is a small area within Admiral’s IT department, who is responsible for ensuring timely, appropriate and controlled access to our networks, systems, and applications. This involves the administration and management of accounts through their lifecycle, from creation to de-provisioning/deletion when no longer required and maintaining access in response to change.
The successful candidate will have the ability to provide excellent customer service, prioritise a variable workload and will meet deadlines. They must be well organised, self-motivated and flexible in their approach to work, with great attention to detail.
This is a 6-month seconded role to cover for maternity leave.
The core purpose of the role is to administrate user access for joiners, movers and leavers across all sites, including overseas. There are several projects underway which will impact identity and access management so you will be joining at an exciting time as there will be the opportunity to contribute to the role and team’s development.
Your primary purpose will be to:
- Provision/de-provision user access according to documented procedures and to meet SLA’s.
- Ensure access to applications, systems and networks are appropriate and controlled for legitimate business reasons.
- Maintain compliance and meet security Standards, by ensuring customer data is protected from unauthorised use.
- Review user access periodically to maintain compliance.
- As a member of the wider IT Support team; support operational priorities and assist other teams across the department where required.
- Create new starters, disable and delete user accounts for all company leavers.
- Amend sanctions for in-house transfers (Movers).
- Third Party and Privileged Access Management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the business.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner.
- Processing and fulfilment of service desk requests and incidents ensuring that:
- customers are kept up to date at all times;
- all access requests are dealt with within the SLA set;
- all access requests are appropriately authorised.
- Carry out routine monitoring activities for redundant and unused accounts amongst other reporting activities.
- Support the implementation of new or improved access control processes.
- Assist other teams within IT to support operational requirements.
- Contribute to policies and standards relevant to access control.
- Ensure document compliance with Quality Standards.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Experience in user account administration of Active Directory and other systems and applications.
- Experience of using Microsoft Management Console (Active Directory) or alternatives such as Manage Engine.
- Previous experience within a customer facing role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel (advanced level would be preferred).
- Competent in using reporting tools; creating and manipulating large volumes of data.
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work without supervision, managing workload effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- Management of Privileged users through a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution.
- Understanding of Identity Access Management best practices in the management of Microsoft Active Directory, PAM and Audit requirements.
- Experience of using Windows PowerShell and creating scripts.
- Understanding of HR administration procedures.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Jessica Sutton. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Jessica Sutton, for more information.