Based in UK Finance, in Cardiff and reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be a member of the UK Insurance Management Accounting team, which provides management information and support to Admiral’s UK car, van and household insurance businesses.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a good understanding of the activities of the business and a strong working relationship with managers across the entire business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural assistance to a variety of departments
- Develop existing control and accounting processes, implementing improvements as necessary following the implementation of a new policy system
- Involvement in the production of insurance bordereaux issued to the Group’s insurance companies, co-insurers and reinsurers
- Developing the MI reports created within finance to maximise relevance and usefulness to the business managers
- Developing new MI for use with new business ventures and testing campaigns
- Developing and implement accounting processes, controls and MI for new products as appropriate
- Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts and summarising variances for senior management through meetings with heads of departments across the business
- Preparing regulatory returns for the Group’s intermediary companies
- Providing general support and completing ad-hoc tasks as required by Heads of Departments across the business in addition to Finance managers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with strong academic background and strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of controls environment required within a Finance department
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
- Self-motivator, pro-active in all aspects of the role
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email email@example.com or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working.