Based in the UK Finance team in Cardiff and reporting to the Financial Controller, the Senior Financial Controls Accountant will be a senior member of the UK Insurance team, which provides management information and support to Admiral’s UK insurance businesses.
- Leading the review of the existing accounting processes and control environment for the UK Insurance Business, implementing improvements when necessary
- Leading the implementation of financial processes for new products and initiatives, working with the business to understand the changes, and ensuring robust financial processes are in place
- Taking a leading role in design and implementation of a new accounting system
- Taking a leading role to ensure that data used within finance is accurate, working with data teams within Admiral to develop and test new data
- Be the day to day contact for financial data and controls for the internal and external auditors
- Acting as finance SME for large scale system changes, working with IT and other business areas to assess the financial risks and controls, ensuring new systems are tested and robustly implemented
- Supporting the Management Accounts team to make improvements to the regular internal reporting packs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Newly Qualified Accountant or 1 year post qualification experience
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Strong academic background with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
- Ideally trained in an external audit firm or with internal audit experience
- Experience of working in insurance or financial services is preferable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working.