The Senior Network Engineer will participate in the implementation and ongoing support of the network infrastructure in a multi-tier environment.
This is a hands-on, design, implementation and maintenance role. The need to be flexible is paramount.
The Senior Network Engineer forms part of the team ensuring that the LAN/WAN can provide required services, by supporting the network infrastructure, using troubleshooting tools and problem resolution in a production environment.
- Plan, install and support hardware and software upgrades
- Resolve technical issues associated with network and routing protocols, at all levels of the OSI model, using diagnostic and network administration tools
- Use diagnostic utilities to identify and isolate problems encountered on different mediums and network protocols
- Gather latency statistics and find specific network bottlenecks
- Evaluate problems and implement fix actions through device reconfiguration or replacement, depending on the circumstances
- Produce or contribute to detailed documentation for existing or new environments and services
- Continually improve and proactively manage the infrastructure to ensure it is supportable, fit for purpose and aligns to architectural roadmaps & standards
- Proactively manage and address any risk issues relating to your assigned duties. You will be expected to complete your duties whilst conforming to any project timelines or service level agreements that are in place
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Analytical mindset
- Ensure decisions are objectively justified
- Understanding of the impact of decisions for the team and the business
- Listens to others and accepts input from colleagues
- Clear articulation of ideas and thoughts verbally
- Professional and grammatically correct business correspondence
- Readily be available to help support the team
- Contributes to a positive and harmonious team atmosphere
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers and technical partners
- Show passion for your work and a commitment to succeed
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge
- Willing to work with structured frameworks, methodologies and best practices
- Focus on providing solutions to problems
- Focus on solving problems in a logical step-by-step way
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience focused on Data Centre network support, configuration and implementation
- Minimum 3+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS, Load Balancing and FWs
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, HSRP etc.), Spanning Tree SMTP and SNMP
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks
- Networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
- Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision
- Experience in:
- CCNP or working towards
- Exposure to Avaya / Extreme Switches and routers
- Load balancing (F5)
- Palo Alto FW’s
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Jessica Sutton. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Jessica Sutton, for more information.