Key Aspects of the Role:
This is a senior role within Group Finance at Admiral, a FTSE 100 listed Financial Services Group. Reporting to the IFRS Reporting Manager, the role is primarily focused on the technical accounting, reporting and controlling aspects of the Group’s insurance businesses across multiple products and locations.
The role requires a high calibre and hardworking candidate with a recognised accounting qualification and three years or more of post qualification experience covering financial reporting in the financial services market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the technical insurance accounting for the Group’s underwriting entities across the UK, Europe and US in line with IFRS
- Maintain and enhance a strong financial control environment within the insurance accounting teams, supporting those businesses in both the UK and Internationally in their compliance with the Group’s control standards
- Lead regular reviews aimed at developing and enhancing reporting processes, documentation and internal and external communications across the insurance businesses
- Lead the delivery of high quality external annual statutory financial reporting, and monthly internal management financial reporting to the relevant subsidiary Boards
- Significant involvement in the Group’s external annual report and half year external announcements
- Provide additional input and support to the Group’s monthly reporting and consolidation process as required
- Significant involvement in the assessment and implementation of IFRS 17, the new insurance contracts accounting standard
- Potential line management responsibilities within the Group Finance team
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues within Admiral, including Finance (UK and International), Risk and Actuarial functions
- Contribute as a senior member of the Finance team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years post qualification experience with a recognised accountancy qualification and a strong academic background.
- Background in financial services, ideally with insurance experience, and a significant level of experience and ability in technical IFRS reporting
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong team management skills with a keen interest in developing team members
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Luke Tooze. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop him an email Luke.Tooze2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give him a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Luke Tooze, for more information.