Key aspects of the role:
Reporting to the Regulatory reporting Manager within the Group finance team, this remit of this role covers Solvency II Pillar three regulatory reporting, in addition to modelling/forecasting of IFRS and Solvency II solvency capital for the Group and its regulated subsidiaries, and asset/ investment reporting.
The role requires a motivated and hardworking candidate with strong analytical, time management and organisational skills and a focus on data quality and control. Candidates will be qualified in a recognised accounting qualification within the previous two years, ideally with experience of financial reporting and/or regulatory processes for Financial Services Groups.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Group's solvency II reporting to the Group's regulators (The PRA in the UK for the Group and UK regulated subsidiary and the Gibraltar FSC for the Group's Gibraltar regulated subsidiary) on a quarterly and annual basis
- Provide solvency reporting input to regular monthly Management Information prepared by the Group Finance team for the Group and subsidiary boards
- Assist in the preparation of the Group's Annual SFCR (Solvency and Financial Condition Report)
- Work closely with the Group Finance, Actuarial Reserving and Capital teams to prepare regular capital models and solvency ratio forecasts, along with ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions such as reinsurance placements and investment options
- Assist in the preparation of information submissions to meet ad-hoc data requests from the Group's regulators
- Contribute to the delivery and enhancement of monthly and quarterly Investment Management Information to the Investment Committee and the Group's and subsidiary boards
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the wider finance, risk and actuarial teams - including the provision of regular and ad-hoc data requests from all parties
- Work closely with the actuarial reserving and capital teams on regular data quality assessment in line with Solvency II requirements
- Perform an active role in the finance department and provide additional support as and when required for department managers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Recently qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry, ideally with Insurance experience
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong task management skills including an ability to prioritise tasks and regularly manage multiple deliverables
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Luke Tooze. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop him an email Luke.Tooze2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give him a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Luke Tooze, for more information.