Reporting to the Finance Manager (UK Insurance), the Senior Project Accountant will provide financial and operational support across Admiral’s UK car / home / van / travel insurance businesses. The role requires flexibility, as the work can vary significantly in its nature and scale and provides a great opportunity to gain a wide knowledge of the business, involvement in the continued innovation of the business and build relationships with senior management personnel.
The senior project accountant’s role will include:
- Developing a good understanding of the activities of the business and a strong working relationship with managers across the entire business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of departments
- Taking a leading role in developing business cases for IT / operational business change programmes
- Improve cost management across the business by developing processes/undertaking reviews to challenge the cost-effectiveness/ efficiency/ budget variances with department heads, and investigating expense queries as necessary
- Overseeing the detailed annual expense & income budgets/re-forecasts processes for elements of the UK insurance businesses
- Playing a leading role in projects across the business, with a view to maximising revenue/ profitability, and reporting the results in a concise manner to Finance Managers/ Senior Management team
- Development of complex spreadsheet models to aid with business decision-making and assessment of new products and partnerships
- Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts and summarising variances for senior management through meetings with heads of departments across the business
- Providing general support and ad-hoc analysis as required by Finance Managers and Senior Management from across the business
- Coaching / developing the team of Project Accountants, and direct line management responsibility for 1-2 employees
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with a strong academic background with approx. 5 years or PQE experience and strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Commercial outlook is essential, and experience of preparing investment business cases and cost management processes would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management
- Self-motivator, pro-active in all aspects of the role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential, and proficiency in using other MS Word and PowerPoint
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Laura.Pengilly@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working.