We are recruiting for a Senior Credit Risk Modelling Analyst in the Credit Risk Modelling team. This team manages credit risk and pricing for the Admiral personal loans and motor finance product suite. The role involves developing credit risk models, taking the lead on risk analytics, providing insight into all aspects of performance across the whole portfolio, and producing proposals for enhancing our risk management and strategies.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative and high-profile environment, and will be required to hit the ground running; at least two years prior experience in a credit risk function and direct model building experience are therefore prerequisites. The successful candidate will be given responsibility to set direction and guide the way, whilst very much retaining a hands-on approach.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and validating credit risk models for use across the product life cycle (including acquisition and behavioural scorecards, and PD, LGD and EAD models)
- Reporting and monitoring the effectiveness of our front-end customer decisioning, across a range of channels and products
- Designing, developing and deploying effective and efficient customer decision strategies, producing actionable proposals and implementation plans
- Monitoring the risk/reward profile of the portfolio, analysing and proposing changes to acquisition strategies and customer affordability assessments, as appropriate
- Assessing new data sources, tools and techniques to ensure the quality of credit decisioning is maintained in a fast-changing external environment
- Providing a wide range of analytical work to meet the Risk & Pricing team objectives, and support a range of ad-hoc projects and deliverables
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ analytical experience within a credit risk function is essential
- Strong statistical modelling experience – guiding or supporting developments
- Experience of extracting, manipulating and analysing data using SAS/SQL (or similar data tools such as R and Python)
- Demonstrable numerate background, preferably with a degree in a numerical subject
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint to produce clear documents and analysis, presenting complex information effectively
- A broad understanding of the full responsibilities of a credit risk function, from acquisition through customer management to collections/recoveries, and/or capital and impairment requirements
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage your own workload, prioritise workloads, and support wider projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, including writing scorecard documentation, full noting papers and change proposals
- Experience of working with the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Motor finance or other secured lending products
- Price comparison websites
- Open banking/PSD2
- Machine learning
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Kat Gil Mast. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Katharina.GILMAST2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Kat Gil Mast, for more information.