The IT PMO is the information hub for projects and programmes within the portfolio and is responsible for reporting, assurance, quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking, change control and maintaining governance standards.
As well as providing governance and support to the IT Programme and Project Managers, a PMO Analyst will be responsible for defining, improving and updating the project management processes, standards and governance. The PMO Analyst will use their analytical skills to get more value out of the project data: producing visual aids, analysing trends and providing recommendations.
- Assistance with gathering of programme and project data, such as performance metrics, time and money spent and project estimates
- Production, collection and distribution of high quality, accurate, timely programme or portfolio progress reports/dashboards
- Working to continually improvement the quality and consistency of data collected
- Analysing project data to provide recommendations, trend information, identify issues and gaps
- Provide data-driven insights for planning and forecasting
- Produce and track project timelines/schedules/resource
- Communication and management of Milestone Plans, Risks, Issues, Dependencies and Actions
- Attendance at project and programme meetings, taking minutes and actions where necessary
- Central point for communication of change and general knowledge of the IT projects
- Promote and uphold Project Quality:
- Define governance, auditing framework and audit planning
- Carry out audits (dip checks, end stage audits and agile compliance)
- Auditing across both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Post Implementation: organise and chair post implementation reviews and lessons learned meetings for all projects
- Review and maintain standard project documentation according to Admiral Project Management Guidelines
- Provide support and identify ways to further improve the Project Delivery Framework
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills and experience turning data into insights
- Excellent understanding of PMO procedures, including supporting both waterfall and fast-paced agile environments
- Experience of programme or portfolio reporting
- Understanding of financial and resource management processes and data
- Experience in project and programme planning
- Excellent time management skills and working to deadlines
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Commercially aware
- Experience of working in multifunctional team environments
- P30, APMP qualifications
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Laura Pengilly, for more information.