We are looking for a highly experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering IT and business projects.
To take responsibility for the end to end delivery of projects; establishing and maintaining appropriate rigour and governance controls to facilitate quality benefits focused projects.
Working within Admiral’s IT department, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects from inception, through to delivery whilst ensuring that they are kept within the agreed tolerances. Projects must be fully documented and maintained, including risk/issues logs, communication logs, change control and any other controls as defined in the Project Framework.
The successful candidate will be required to manage projects in the following areas;
- Software delivery
- Network and Infrastructure delivery
- Security (InfoSec)
Other duties include:
- Managing and organising resources working on a project
- Carrying out project risk assessments
- Ensuring that the critical success factors of the project are met
- Guaranteeing that project quality standards are met
- Using IT or other systems to keep track of people and progress
- Overseeing and owning financial management and budgets
- Reporting to steering committees, programme and portfolio checkpoints
- Evaluating the success of the project against benchmarks
- Developing and maintaining a close relationship with business stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects
- To provide high level, realistic and detailed projects plans
- Ensure resource requirements and any changes to project resources are communicated to the resource manager
- Manage change effectively, utilising the correct communication channels
- To plan and participate in the project ‘Lessons Learned’ meetings and post implementation reviews
- All projects must be fully documented and regular reports providing details of progress must be produced and distributed to relevant parties.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven and demonstrable record of successful project management
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage work in line with
- Workstream planning and critical path analysis
- Budget management experience
- Stakeholder and matrix management experience
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Strong understanding of delivery methodologies (Waterfall & Agile preferred)
- Commercially aware
- Relevant project management qualifications; PRINCE2, APM
- Technical knowledge of relevant IT systems
- Understanding of Insurance and Financial Services
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape (FCA, PRA etc.)
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email email@example.com or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.