To provide quality software solutions for our business, in a timely fashion.
- Design solutions (within technical skill set) and gain sign off from a senior
- Write technical specifications
- Clarify and challenge requirements and design
- Development of technical solutions with adherence to relevant technologies and coding standards
- Write and run unit tests in an appropriate technology
- Feed into the release plan
- Competently use code repository and promotion tools
- May take delegated ownership of a solution
- Remain responsible for written software until live, including initial post deployment support
- Remain competent in problem solving/diagnostics skills within technology skill set
- Adhere to technical and security standards
- Adhere to the agile scrum methodology
- Build technical knowledge set, under guidance
- Communicate status, risk and timelines when appropriate
- Work towards being an expert in one area
- Develop an understanding of related processes, such as Release
- Mentoring junior population (when required)
- Input into Initiatives
- Identify opportunities for knowledge transfer and provide, where appropriate
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Education or technical experience in a relevant subject/topic/workplace
- Experience of at least 5 elements listed under desirable
- A willingness to cross train to work on GuideWire GoSU language (training will be provided)
We currently use the below:
- Database (SQL/Oracle)
- Version Control (GIT/SVN)
- Angular JS
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email email@example.com or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Laura Pengilly, for more information.