The data engineering team at Confused.com is committed to providing high-quality data/reporting services to our customers.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Automation Engineer, a role that has evolved from a combination of two former roles… Senior QA Analyst and SQL Developer.
Ideally, we’d be looking to take on someone who has experience already, or someone with expert knowledge in one of their former fields as well as the capability and drive to fill this role.
About the role
With the rise of the cloud, data has become more important than ever, and this provides an opportunity for the right person to shine as a data expert.
Working closely with colleagues from across the business, you’ll get the chance to expand your knowledge of different data technologies and explore new and exciting capabilities—including big data and artificial intelligence.
As such, you’ll work with a team of data experts with a working knowledge of functional, smoke, unit, automated, pester testing and data-related testing.
What’s more, working with our cross-functional teams, we’ll rely on you to generate well-articulated data-oriented test cases and determine the positive, negative and boundary cases. We work in a fast-paced, continuous delivery release-driven environment. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by this challenge and will help to develop our future ways of working.
Coding languages currently used by the team:
- SQL Server 2016 and above, Azure DevOps, C#, Business Intelligence Markup Language (BIML), PowerShell, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Tableau
- Data Validation - Develop automated procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity of complex data exports and reports.
- Testing the ETL process and business logic that drives our reporting and data services.
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and perform other assessments for all data-related code changes.
- Develop automated tests using custom framework, and longer-term open source tools.
- Configure and maintain test automation environments.
- Create scripts, test sequences, and implement procedures to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Work closely with the wider data team members to understand and validate upstream application changes and the impacts on data, data models, and reports.
- Work closely with technology, data, and product teams in the company to promote software quality standards.
- Work closely with customer support and product owners to ensure customer service requirements are met.
- Participate in test team activities including requirements analysis, test planning, tracking, reporting, and support of test cycles.
- Engage in test case execution including defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and fix verification.
- Extensive experience with SQL and web services pertaining to QA and Test Automation.
- Experience working with large amounts of Data from a QA perspective.
- Experience testing multi-tier, consumer-facing web applications at more than just the UI level.
- Experience testing batch / streaming ETL processes.
- Parsing and analysis of free-form and fixed form data sets.
- Broad experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS).
- Experience executing API tests.
- Experience with libraries used to implement browser automation: Selenium (preferred).
- Experience with Git or other distributed revision control and source code management systems.
- Experience in performance testing and/or security testing.
At Confused.com, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
If you would like to apply please complete the application form attaching your CV.