Come and join us on our exciting journey and develop your career with one of the UK’s best-known brands. We’re looking to you to make a real difference - this is too good an opportunity to miss! In the vibrant Confused.com culture, you’ll find the right place to raise the bar and make your mark.
Confused.com IT is a centre of engineering excellence. We’re passionate about SOA, public cloud, Agile, Lean and DevSecOps methodologies - our commitment to leverage technology to create quality solutions for driver wins is what makes us tick.
About the role
As a SOC Engineer you’ll work with a diverse set of teams and disciplines spanning across the entire company. We want people with the knowledge, skill, and diligence to bridge multiple roles, as needed, from analyst, to technical/functional consultant and advisor.
What we expect from you:
- To have a good general technical understanding across multiple enterprise applications and infrastructure technologies, showing strength in areas such as risk management, vulnerability assessments, data classification, cyber-security and incident and event management.
- To understand, monitor and maintain an accurate, end-to-end view of data continuity and security risk factors affecting the business, including technology, people, processes and procedures.
- To communicate, evangelise and promote Information Security at all levels, using appropriate language and tone to get buy-in and cooperation.
Skills we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will possess a good technical understanding of the below:
- A high level of experience within 1st / 2nd line support
- SIEM systems
- SIEM maintenance and management
- Event management
- Windows event logs and Syslog
- IDS/IPS and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- PowerShell or C#
- Windows and Linux operating systems including desktop and servers
- Identity and access management principles
- Network technologies
- Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure
At Confused.com, we value personality and personal character traits as the key to success. Does this sound like you?
- Enjoys autonomy. Thrives on independent work with limited oversight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Ability to maintain critical thinking while balancing multiple tasks.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Enjoys navigating complex challenges.
- Delivers consistent decisions and results.
- Superior levels of diligence.
- Strong, intellectual curiosity.
- Quality-focused and takes pride in your work.
- Personable, customer satisfaction driven attitude.
If so, please send us your CV today. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Hayley Penny. If you’d like to know any more about the position or Confused.com as an employer, please feel free to drop her an email Recruitment@confused.com