It’s an exciting time for Admiral as we are looking to grow our travel insurance product. As a result, our Travel Insurance department are looking for an experienced Head of Travel Claims Manager to join the team.
The applicant will need extensive experience of (travel) claims management, gained either via an insurer or a claims management company/TPA.
- Shape the strategy and long-term planning for the department
- Build and manage the claims department with a high performing culture having customer satisfaction at its core
- Develop and embed claims practices which ensure that claims indemnity spend is effectively controlled by providing fair and reasonable settlements and being effective in the identification and eradication of claims leakage and the repudiation of fraud
- Set, review and monitor claims KPls and taking necessary action to deliver to plan
- Decide on the right mix of external suppliers and functions that can be brought in-house
- Build and develop relationships with the claim’s management providers ensuring robust management of TPA performance
- Review format, content and frequency of audits, performance data and KPIs
- Ensure reports and MI meets the requirements of internal stakeholders and actively used to drive positive outcomes
- Optimize the use of claims data and analytics to develop deep insight into the operation, claims spend and the external claims environment to inform and enhance the claims strategy and support day-to-day tactical decision making
- Lead the on-going development of creative and innovative solutions for claims, including the assessment of digitisation opportunities including: advanced analytics; machine learning; chat-bots; and robotic automated processing (RPA) to determine where they could be cost effectively utilised to improve performance, customer service and/or reduce costs
- Ensure implementation and adherence to group reserving philosophy, underpinned with strong controls and high-quality standards which are audited and monitored
- Act in accordance with the Risk Strategy and Policy, ensuring an appropriate risk register including Customer Outcome risks is maintained in the areas for which you have direct responsibility
- Develop a culture of audit, quality control and compliance and with advice sought from the Head of Compliance, ensure that all aspects of the department’s operations comply with regulations
- Effective interaction with the pricing, underwriting actuarial and head office claims teams contributing to the product and pricing strategy and keeping the technical teams abreast of claims insights, operational progress and development and emerging trends and inflationary issues
- Keeping up-to-date with the external market trends and developments
You will require the following skills:
- A degree and/or professional qualification is, desirable but not essential
- Extensive (travel) claims experience with experience at management/senior management level
- Experience of managing and improving processes and procedures
- Experience of claims support services tools and implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to drive performance from a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer literacy, candidates should possess good Microsoft office skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project
- A strategic thinker capable of producing high quality business cases
- Great organisational skills and use of initiative
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and therefore be able to prioritise a workload effectively
- Be comfortable working by yourself or as part of a team
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of everything we do. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email email@example.com or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.