Are you inquisitive and analytically minded? Do you want to work in a small team making a big difference? This is your opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic, fast-moving team.
The Insight team is at the forefront of Confused.com’s business-to-business analytics. We develop, sell and support market-leading products that aim to shake things up and place Confused.com firmly as the industry disruptors we started life as.
The team has a start-up, goal-driven culture and that means plenty of freedom to explore new opportunities and ideas.
As Insight Analyst you’ll be in a key position to foster new relationships through your engaging analyses. But more than that you’ll have the freedom to explore and work with new technology, concepts, product developments and entirely new markets.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet and work alongside some of the smartest heads in the industry, making a material impact on their businesses.
All of this will take your existing aptitudes and leapfrog them to the next level – so long as you have the drive and desire to do so.
- Create engaging, bespoke analyses with your commentary and recommendations.
- Explore our vast data estate to better understand market trends, edge cases and opportunities. Have a commercial mindset to capitalise on these.
- Perform exploratory data modelling.
- Work closely with the Insight team, bounce ideas off your colleagues and critically develop theirs.
- Travel across the country to assist with the development of new leads and the support of existing subscribers.
- Support the research and development of entirely new data products.
- Work independently and manage your own workload.
- Be curious about your work – explore a hunch or talk to others in the business to see how things work.
- Any technical skills you can bring to the table are a bonus – but be a keen and willing learner!
- Be confident with numbers. They’ll be your bread and butter - to turn them into a story you must be comfortable with your mathematical skills and willing to learn where needed.
Desirable skills – you don’t need to have these, but they’ll benefit your application:
- SQL – we use T-SQL but any experience is valuable
- Other programming proficiencies eg Python, R
- Experience using Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
- Experience producing clear data visualisations
- Tableau – Tableau is our core data visualisation tool
- Other data visualisation tools
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Insurance market knowledge
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org