We are recruiting for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst in the Admiral Loans Risk Team. This team manages credit risk and pricing for the Admiral personal loans and motor finance product suite. The role involves analysing risk, providing insight into all aspects of performance across the whole portfolio, and producing proposals for enhancing our risk management and strategies.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative and high-profile environment, and will be required to hit the ground running; at least two years prior experience in a credit risk function is therefore a prerequisite. The successful candidate will be given responsibility to set direction and lead the way, whilst very much retaining a hands-on approach.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting and monitoring the effectiveness of our front-end customer outcome, across a range of channels and products
- Designing, developing and deploying effective and efficient customer outcome tools and strategies, producing actionable proposals and implementation plans
- Monitoring the risk/reward profile of the portfolio, reviewing and proposing changes to acquisition strategies and customer affordability assessments as appropriate
- Assessing new data sources, tools and techniques to ensure the quality of credit decisioning is maintained in a fast-changing external environment
- Providing a wide range of investigative work to meet the Risk & Pricing team’s objectives, and support a range of ad-hoc projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ analytical experience within a credit risk function is essential
- Experience of extracting, manipulating and analysing data using SAS/SQL (or similar data tools such as R and Python)
- Demonstrable numerate background, preferably with a degree in a numerical subject
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint to produce clear documents and analysis, presenting complex information effectively
- Experience working with application decision strategies and customer affordability calculations
- A broad understanding of the full responsibilities of a credit risk function, from Acquisition through Customer Management to Collections/Recoveries
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage your own workload, prioritise workloads, and support wider projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, including writing full noting papers and change proposals
- Experience of working with the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Motor finance or other secured lending products
- Price comparison websites
- Open banking/PSD2
- Scorecards/model development
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Jessica Sutton. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.