Working within the Actuarial team and reporting to the Senior Capital Actuary, the main responsibilities of the role include helping the team with the following:
• The delivery of regulatory capital requirement calculations at Group and solo entity levels
• Providing the business with risk and capital analysis to aid the strategic decision making process
• The delivery of the IMAP project including validation remediation, model development, creation & maintenance of model documentation and risk parameterisation.
Detailed role profile:
• Assist with the delivery of regulatory capital requirements at Group and solo entity levels for reporting purposes using standard formula.
• Prepare reports and presentations for senior management
• Regular interaction with the Risk function and develop an awareness of the key financial risks faced by Admiral
• Assist with the production of the risk and capital analysis to help key decisions across the organisation e.g. business planning, reinsurance strategy and dividends
• Assist the build and continued improvement of the internal model in readiness for IMAP including:
• Understand the origins and reasonableness of the data used
• Parameterisation of the inputs
• Working alongside the existing team members to design and build the models/calculations
• Performance of testing on model outputs to ensure appropriateness of model calibration
• Perform stress and sensitivity testing
• Production of Model documentation
• Prepare reports and presentations for senior management and the regulator
• Support the international businesses with capital queries, sharing UK best practice and have a strong awareness of the different issues across the business
• As a nearly or newly qualified actuary the role will involve providing assistance to the other members of the capital modelling team to ensure their ongoing development of the team as a whole.
• Nearly or newly qualified actuary with experience working for a General Insurance company
• Highly numerate and analytical with very good academic record
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good working knowledge of capital modelling concepts
• Experienced user of General Insurance capital modelling software (e.g. Igloo, Remetrica)
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills – preferably with experience of VBA
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Linzi Burnell. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email email@example.com or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.