Working within the Actuarial team and reporting to the Senior Capital Actuary, the main responsibilities of the role include helping the team with the following:
• The delivery of regulatory capital requirement calculations at Group and solo entity levels
• Providing the business with risk and capital analysis to aid the strategic decision making process
• The delivery of the IMAP project including validation remediation, model development, creation & maintenance of model documentation and risk parameterisation.
Detailed role profile:
• Assist with the delivery of regulatory capital requirements at Group and solo entity levels for reporting purposes using standard formula.
• Prepare reports and presentations for senior management
• Regular interaction with the Risk function and develop an awareness of the key financial risks faced by Admiral
• Assist with the production of the risk and capital analysis to help key decisions across the organisation e.g. business planning, reinsurance strategy and dividends
• Assist the build and continued improvement of the internal model in readiness for IMAP including:
• Understand the origins and reasonableness of the data used
• Parameterisation of the inputs
• Working alongside the existing team members to design and build the models/calculations
• Performance of testing on model outputs to ensure appropriateness of model calibration
• Perform stress and sensitivity testing
• Production of Model documentation
• Prepare reports and presentations for senior management and the regulator
• Support the international businesses with capital queries, sharing UK best practice and have a strong awareness of the different issues across the business
• As a nearly or newly qualified actuary the role will involve providing assistance to the other members of the capital modelling team to ensure their ongoing development of the team as a whole.
• Nearly or newly qualified actuary with experience working for a General Insurance company
• Highly numerate and analytical with very good academic record
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good working knowledge of capital modelling concepts
• Experienced user of General Insurance capital modelling software (e.g. Igloo, Remetrica)
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills – preferably with experience of VBA
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Linzi Burnell. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.