This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-skilled agile team in IT Delivery, in which you will be responsible for leading the development of our core customer facing websites which allow customers to quote, buy and service their Admiral products.
We are a progressive team working with cutting edge technologies such as Angular and best in class tools such as Git, Jira and Confluence.
IT Delivery is made up of small teams that are inclusive, open and collaborative. We encourage team members to share ideas, solutions and decision making to drive forward the effectiveness of the teams and products that we deliver.
- Development and publication of the Quote Engine and/or Customer Portal, with attention to adherence of all marketing brand styles.
- Implementation and delivery of relevant coding technologies to defined standards.
- Implementation and execution of thorough unit testing and version control.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and their suitability to business demands.
- Production of technical and functional specifications where applicable.
- Adherence to Agile Scrum methodology.
- Working directly with the Product Owner and business to develop solutions to support the product roadmap.
- Mentoring AP, Graduate and Junior population
- Input into Initiatives
- Identify opportunities for knowledge transfer and provide, where appropriate
- May be involved with recruitment (where appropriate)
- Feed into IT Strategy
Experience and Qualifications Required
Experience and Skills
- Ability to creatively think around a brief and challenge it if necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant coding languages.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum methodology and practices.
- Prioritisation and time management skills to hit deadlines.
- Confidence to communicate ideas effectively to peers, seniors and management.
- Ability to produce quality documentation as necessary.
- Able to transfer knowledge between other members of the team.
- A focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent working knowledge of AngularJS.
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS (HTML5 and CSS3) with commercial experience of building websites across multiple platforms and devices.
- Experience of supporting browsers that do not support HTML5 and CSS3.
- Commercial experience in creating responsive websites.
- Experience of Angular.
- Experience of unit testing front end websites.
- Working knowledge of LESS and familiarity with associated methodologies.
- Understanding of JSON and executing server requests.
- Understanding of REST and SOAP.
- Understanding of Node.js and NPM
- Understanding of Java programming language and server side architecture.
- Understanding of version-control systems such as GIT.