To pursue our progressive growth strategy (launching new products, entering new markets) we are looking for very entrepreneurial, aspiring people to be part of our Partnerships and Innovation Team.
You will support the identification, engagement and potential delivery of third parties (primarily start-ups) that offer complimentary products, services, data and distribution channels to Admiral.
Your role will primarily include the initial assessment of the opportunity, however, you could also be involved in commercial negotiations, management of the third party and where applicable the creation of a business case to take the project through the full delivery cycle with the support of the wider team and other departments.
While your focus will be on making an efficient assessment of new opportunities coming into the team and deciding if they are worth progressing with, the scope of the role is much wider for the right candidate to drive change in the business.
Having an entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in innovation and the start-up space is important as you will be expected to keep up to date with the latest start-up news and communicate this with the team and wider business in both formal and informal capacities.
- Act as a key point of contact for potential new suppliers and business opportunities
- Take a primary role in managing our relationships with start-up accelerators and interacting with the start-ups we are introduced to via them
- Assess the viability of new opportunities coming into the team and manage the decision process about whether there is a business case to progress or trial their product; in some instance this may advance to project managing the partnership
- Liaise at all levels of the business, including communicating with senior management, support departments, suppliers and customers in order to achieve the above
- Keep up to date with all things innovation and start-up, communicating the most relevant updates with the team and wider business where appropriate
- Support the Partnerships & Innovation team more broadly on existing partnerships including ad hoc competitor and market research
Key skills and experience
- A good network and overview of the various departments in the business
- Proven project management experience
- Reliable and a strong-willed team player
- Experience of managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail
- Able to learn quickly on the job and be comfortable with change such as role variation and changes in team structure
- Keen to explore new products and new ways of doing things
- Curious and creative with a “start-up” mentality
- Proactive and passionate about making things happen
- Excellent time management skills in order to meet regular tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and balance varied work streams
- Resourcefulness and work under own initiative