The test analyst will take responsibility for the testing of new and changed IT systems before their promotion to the production environment, ensuring that they are of high quality, effective and approved in line with the service level agreements.
The Test Analyst will take responsibility for testing changes to the current systems and also for checking new systems to ensure that they are working as expected. Completing work to a high standard is a must and the role holder will be targeted on a number of items such as completion time, reports and quality. On some projects the Test Analyst will be required to focus on the work management of business users (UAT).
Other duties include:
- When requests are allocated, expected to complete testing within the agreed timescales.
- To produce plans for, and carry out thorough system testing.
- To provide realistic estimates of work due to be undertaken which will then feed into the project plans and assist with progress monitoring.
- To provide clear and accurate progress reporting on any given tasks.
- To provide ideas for the continual improvement of the department, team and as an individual.
- Working closely with developers and business analysts as part of an agile scrum team.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- IT/Quality related Degree or proven academic ability through experience.
- Demonstrable testing experience.
- Previous experience working within the insurance industry, specifically the motor or household products.
- Experience of working in an agile scrum team.
- Proven experience/exposure of the development lifecycle.
- ISTQB Foundation level or above.
- Experience of automation test tools such as Selenium & Jmeter, at both an execution and scripting skill level.
- Proven experience of effective testing.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant technologies including test methodology.
- The ability to show attention to detail in a technical setting.
- Extensive fault finding skills using a range of technical skills and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate in meetings, and to communicate complex technical issues using simple and clear language to staff of all levels.