To develop, maintain and promote service transition principles and processes for all IT Projects, ensuring the smooth transition of new or changed services and all IT Teams are engaged and receive the knowledge and training required. To develop approaches to evaluate service readiness and assess any risks to the live environment from IT projects before the service is implemented.
- Run the Service Transition process on IT Projects and Releases ensuring all actions are captured and dealt with, in order to ensure smooth transition of the project into the live environment
- ensure that all technical aspects of the service have been considered, for example, DR, Security, Availability and Capacity Management.
- Run project Go No Go meetings in order to ensure projects are indeed ready for live implementation.
- Assessing the impact of projects with a focus on what went well and what doesn’t. You will also manage a ‘Lessons Learned’ log and devise possible solutions/actions to improve how we currently operate.
- Experience in running Warranty and Handover, and Knowledge Transfer assessment processes on projects, in order that the services they introduce are fully supportable.
- Experience in reporting on the status of Projects from an operational and service perspective.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Waterfall/ Agile project methodology awareness.
- ITIL foundation
- Experience of putting projects into the live environment.
- Change or Transition Management experience.
- Project Management experience
- Release Management experience
- Able to manage and organise work autonomously and to manage conflicting and complex priorities.
- Service Transition/ Readiness experience with a proven track record of designing workable solutions in this area, and to think creatively in the design of these solutions.
- Influencing, negotiating and communication skills with the ability to adjust own style to suit audience and achieve objectives, to facilitate communication with a wide variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- Proven experience of working in a large IT Project environment with exposure to development and infrastructure technologies and concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Experience of introducing change at a departmental level.
- Ability to chair and minute meetings.