Admiral Group plc is a FTSE 100 listed insurance and financial services group, based in Cardiff but with operations and businesses in Europe, North America and India. Turnover in 2017 was £2.96 billion and pre-tax profit was £405 million. The Group has over 5.7 million customers and employs almost 10,000 people.
- Support the business in its desire to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks across the business.
- Provide actuarial skills and insight to internal processes in order to add value and assurance to internal processes.
- Work closely with senior management and our Finance team to review all aspects of actuarial deliverables.
- You will report to the Group Risk Actuary working within the Group Risk Function.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Provide key support to the Group’s IMAP application, particularly around model validation and documentation.
- Support the ongoing validation of the parameterisation and outputs of the Admiral Group partial internal model.
- Perform review and challenge to the methods and judgements used in the valuation of reserves and technical provisions.
- Review and challenge changes to financial models that are used within Admiral Group. In addition, provide support to the governance process around these changes.
- Provide insight on the capital and risk implications of new products and propositions.
- Occasional attendee of a range of governance committees.
- Support the Group’s Internal Model Application Process.
- Support the development and production of the Actuarial Function Reports.
- Support the business with Risk and Capital Assessments for new products, businesses and propositions.
- Evidence of working with the UK regulator on ICA, Solvency 2 or similar regulatory submissions
- Good knowledge of Solvency 2 regulations
- Able to build open relationships and gain consensus with all internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Able to multi-task deliverables and work under pressure and lead large complex projects
- Objective, timely and confident decision making skills
- Attention to detail, with an analytical mindset
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Commercially minded
- Ideally the successful candidate will be making good progress with actuarial exams
Our success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong culture where we put our people and customers first. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: people who like what they do, do it better, and this in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Linzi Burnell. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.