The Senior AP will work to ensure the successful delivery of development activities in-line with our customer expectation. They will focus on meeting the quality standards and that a delivery focussed approach is applied.
They secondary function of the role is to ensure that the necessary level of support is provided to other developers in the department and others within the project team.
- To deliver quality code to defined standards in order to satisfy business demand for system maintenance and application development.
- To produce quality technical and functional specifications in line with demand.
- To produce plans for, and carry out, thorough unit testing and to contribute successfully to system testing where appropriate.
- To provide accurate estimates where required and to contribute to successful project planning and progress monitoring.
- To provide clear and accurate progress reporting on any given tasks.
- To adopt a delivery and quality focussed approach.
- To provide technical and process advice and guidance to juniors and analyst programmers where necessary.
- To be pro-active in seeking out solutions to issues being experienced by team members.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Admiral technology such that a mentoring role can be played on most projects.
- Assist your Team Manager and the Software Architect with systems design and development governance, as well as the production of system and integration test plans.
- Understand the technical interfaces with other departments such that a mentoring role can be played to other developers.
- Be a point of reference for technical issues in your manager’s absence.
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Highly analytical.
- An excellent understanding of software development practises.
- Experience in using the most relevant technology for the role (technologies are listed above).
- GuideWire PC/BC and integrations.
- Previous experience of mentoring other within a development team.
- Exposure or experience to the following technologies is highly recommended:
- Database SQL
- Database Design