Why you don’t need any qualifications to join us in a rewarding and fulfilling career
Our people are our most valuable assets. We realise that Admiral’s success comes from the success of its employees and that’s why we invest heavily in our staff and provide opportunities for all.
For many of our roles, both in the contact centre, and in our support areas (IT, Finance, Marketing, etc), we look for people who want to succeed, people who are driven to work hard and who want to take advantage of opportunities to grow, develop and learn.
We want every person who works at Admiral, no matter what their educational background, or previous experience; whatever their age, ability or background, to be able to build a satisfying and rewarding career here.
What we’re doing to ensure all staff have access to fantastic opportunities
We’re fully committed to recognising and supporting talented people throughout their careers. See below some of our initiatives already in place to ensure staff have access to opportunities to build a successful career here and beyond.
- You don’t need any qualifications, or any experience to join us in our contact centre positions – they’re all entry level. Entry level business support roles, which require little/no qualifications or experience, are also sometimes available.
- Once you have joined Admiral, there is scope to move around the business to other areas. Many of our entry-level business support roles are advertised internally to give our current staff members the opportunity to progress. Some of these opportunities also come with qualifications, some recent examples being; Marketing Executive, Procurement Assistant Buyer, Digital Consultant and various IT positions.
- If you fancy working your way up to management in our contact centre, the opportunity is there - 99% of our call centre managers are promoted from within. We rarely recruit externally for management positions in our call centre.
- We have an internal Academy team who support staff in their development. Not only do we have the buy-a-book scheme (all employees can order up to 2 books per month to help them in their role / career), but they also provide ILM qualifications to anyone and are awarded based on hard work.
- Beyond this, we support staff through educational sponsorship – external courses and qualifications are offered to those who want them. Examples of course sponsorship are; CIPD, CIM, IDM, MBA’s, etc.
Our Social Mobility Project
We’ve recently brought together a collection of staff members who, under our Diversity and Inclusion commitment, have volunteered to become a part of a Social Mobility project, with the aim of highlighting any barriers staff from particular social backgrounds may experience and removing them where possible. They will also ensure staff have the tools required to fulfil their potential and are able to progress.
The team have already started several initiatives:
- We have signed up to the Social Mobility Pledge, a cross-party campaign designed to improve social mobility throughout the UK. Becoming an accredited employer demonstrates our commitment to accessing and progressing talent from all backgrounds and highlights our roles and responsibilities as a business in boosting the UK’s social mobility.
- We are working with the Social Mobility Foundation, a charity which aims to make a practical improvement in social mobility for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. This will ensure that our initiatives, goals and objectives are all aligned towards creating an environment where people can fulfil their potential.
We are also embarking on other initiatives such as mentoring young people from socially disadvantaged backgrounds, providing work experience and internships, and arranging a professional ‘career speed-dating’ event to help young people expand their business network.
Read more articles on our Diversity and Inclusion here. You can also read articles on staff members who have worked their way up to management positions within Admiral, having began their career in our call centre, here.
If you’re stuck and are unsure what you want to do with your career, speak to one of our friendly team on 0800 118 1619, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.