Are you looking after your winter wellbeing? Try some Office Om!
The nights are drawing in and seasonal stress levels are on the increase. Around this time of year many people start feeling tired and energy levels are low. When it’s cold outside, it’s tempting to just curl up and not go anywhere. Whilst this can be just what you need sometimes, it’s important to make sure you also keep moving to stay physically healthy and in good spirits.
A group of staff at Admiral joined this month’s Office Om Workshop. The workshop focuses on a range of techniques using movement, mindset and mindfulness to help you increase your energy levels and give you a greater sense of calm. The group learnt about many exercise strategies you can use anytime and anywhere, even while sat at your desk.
Amy attended the session, she said ‘’I really enjoyed it; it was great to just stop and take some time to learn new techniques and stretches that I can do at my desk. It really did boost my energy levels!’’
These methods can have a big impact on increasing your energy and improving how you are feeling. Practicing these for just ten minutes a day has been shown to have benefits.
What are the benefits of focusing on your winter wellbeing?
- It helps boost your serotonin levels to increase happiness
- You learn about stretches you can do through the day
- It helps you make space for yourself and improve self awareness
- Learn strategies to help cope with stressful situations
- Help improve your sleep
- Increase your self esteem
- Boosts your immunity for the winter season
What benefits can Office Om have in the workplace?
- Increased employee engagement
- Better atmosphere in the office
- Boosted positivity and morale
- Reduced stress levels
- Better productivity
Would you like to improve your winter well being? Click here to take part in an office Om workshop.